Thursday, September 3, 2009

Anniversary and Meet the teacher

Bert and I had our 3 year anniversary yesterday. Bert asked a sweet girl from his office to babysit and Ellie and Will just loved her. Ellie kept giving her kisses and when we got back from dinner, Will was asleep on her chest. We went to this nice restaurant called Nana in Dallas and I had a steak that had blue cheese butter and chocolate on it- sounds weird, but it was really good. They also brought out an anniversary dessert for us and then another one they said was courtesy of the chef. It was peanut butter with grape jelly foam and little pieces of brioche. It definitely was interesting, but we appreciated being treated so nicely.
It was meet the teacher day at MMO for Ellie this morning. She already figured out how to open the childproof gate at the door and escaped twice. She also used the chairs to climb up on the table, which lead the teacher to decide right then and there that the chairs would only be out during lunch time and they would be put up the rest of the day- thank you very much Ellie. She was super sweet though. She walked up behind this one little girl who had a huge bow in her hair and I thought for sure she was about to pull it out and I was telling her mom "uh-oh", when Elle simply planted a kiss on the back of her head, behind that big ol' bow. There was another little boy who was crying and Ellie made her way through the crowd,went up to him and handed him a toy (a little forcefully, but with good intentions) and then gave him a sweet kiss too! She cracks me up! She starts for real next week, so we will see how that goes.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! That is awesome that you two got to go out, hooray. Ellie sounds like a hoot and a real match for Buck! I love it and I bet she is going to have a blast at her program. It takes some time to adjust and then they are not even turning around to say bye! Its crazy. Sounds like you all are great, we can't wait to meet sweet will, hope you post more pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for such an awesome play by play- I felt like I was right there with you all! When Matt read this he said " Ellie is smart!" Of course I said..Duh! No seriously she has a sweet spirit like her mama! How much did Bert love the customer service aka- extra dessert- at the restaurant? I bet he loved it! 14 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete