Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's a BOY!!

William Luke Bean was born August 9, 2009 at 8:53 am. He weighs 6 lbs 8 ozs and is 18 inches long. Everyone is doing great. As I was typing the last post, my mom noticed that I was a little grouchy (which is not all that unusual these days) and suggested that I was maybe in the transitional phase of labor (real funny), when I realized that, yes, I had been having contractions. I have been having contractions for the past two weeks, so I was to the point where I was pretty much ignoring them unless they knocked me to my knees. So that night, they didn't become regular(again) and I just went to bed and figured they would wake me up if they were bad enough, which they did at 3:30am. I tried to time them and finally woke Bert up about 4 am and said it was time to go. By the time we were driving to the hospital, they were 2 minutes apart and lasting about a minute- I was ready!The whole family.
Lots of this to come I am sure.

I will post more pictures later, but Ellie's nap time is almost over and Will needs to eat.


10 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you just updated your blog! You are supermom! Congrats on having a sweet little boy! Take care and I hope to see you all soon.
    Ashley Twiford Clark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Anna and Bert! I know you are two very excited parents! Looking forward to seeing you at Auburn games in the fall. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh my goodness... I find it hard to find time to update my blog once a week !!! You are awesome. Hope you and your sweet growing family are adjusting well. Congrats again !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's Awesome, Anna!!! Congrats to you and Bert!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I am so excited for you- a boy and a girl is so fun! Praying for a smooth adjustment... can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats again!I can't wait to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay...what a sweet family!!!
    cannada

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you found time to blog! You rock!! Will is too sweet and Ellie is a super big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to meet sweet Will!! Hope all is well, please let us know if you need anything! -Rachel and Presley

    ReplyDelete